Or, “A few things we are excited about from the most recent National Business Aviation Association’s (NBAA) convention and exhibition”. Being in the private aviation industry, we are always excited to stay in the know on all things aviation. Here are our top three:
1) HondaJet is here.
Yes, really. Private jet owners and enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn that after over 20 years of extensive research and development, the world’s most advanced light jet has arrived. Built around the pilot, with intiuitive touch-screen technology, it offers more spacial cockpit and greater visibility. Honda promises it is the fastest, most fuel efficient, and highest flying light jet in its class. Honda expects to receive the FAA certification very soon at which point it will start delivering the plane to customers.
2) The Size of the World is 2 Days. Wait. What? At NBAA, we were reminded of the fact that today’s business owners want to spend less time on the jet and more time at their destination. Aerion announced that it is closer than ever in bringing the supersonic business jet closer to reality. Today’s ultra-long-range business aircraft, such as the Gulfstream G650 and Global 6000 have a capability to cover the world in four days. Contrast that with a supersonic aircraft, which could cover the world in two days! However, to see the light of the day, the supersonic jet must also meet some other specifications:
- Be capable of long range and ultra long range missions
- Take off and land with conventional engines below 60,000 ft.
- Produce no noticeable sonic boom over land
- Receive certification from the FAA and other civil aviation authorities
- Produce an environmental footprint not too different from the latest business aircraft
Sources: nbaa.com, Aerion
3) Business Leaders on Business Aviation Why it matters? NBAA’s The Business Leaders on Business Aviation publication revealed that today’s business leaders are overwhelmingly agreeing that business aviation makes their organizations more successful in many ways. Some of the top reasons they list:
- Enhancing productivity while turning travel time into work time
- Helping employees reach key locations and be in multiple places in a day
- Being in the right place at the right time and “face to face”
- Operating from anywhere and reducing time on the road
Magellan Jets is excited to offer various options for your business travel. Our private jet membership or on-demand jet charter can help you connect with your employees while optimizing efficiency and flexibility. Call today to speak to your private aviation consultant or click on the link below. Happy travelling!