Please read the following updated requirements that include wearing masks aboard private jet flights. The new CDC rules apply to the entire flight process, from pre-boarding to deplaning. We urge you to understand all the requirements about mask mandates on private flights prior to traveling so that you’re well informed and can get the most out of your Magellan Jets experience.
These regulations apply to anyone who is traveling into or within the United States – for their entire private jet flight – whether you have recovered from COVID-19 and/or are vaccinated. The same rules apply to private flights leaving the U.S. for a foreign destination if those on the flight intend to return to the U.S. during the period these requirements remain in effect. Children under two years old, or those with a disability who cannot safely wear a mask on their private flight, are excluded from the requirements.
Magellan Jets Elevated Standards
The Magellan Jets COVID-19 Taskforce has been recommending these procedures on our private flights since May of 2020, incorporated the recommendations into The Magellan Jets 5 x 5 PureSky Safety Standard in November of 2020, and provided similar advice since February of 2020 to all of our clients.
Though the new rules on wearing masks on private jets may seem complicated, there is nothing new here. The CDC is making these recommendations requirements now because “Scientific evidence shows that consistent and universal use of masks on transportation systems and in transportation hubs will protect Americans and help to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Mask use will enable Americans to travel responsibly and as safely as possible when they need to travel during the pandemic.”
To summarize the requirements:
Per the CDC Order, only those passengers wearing compliant masks are permitted to board private jet flights. Federal law requires wearing a mask onboard private aircraft, and failure to comply constitutes a violation of Federal law.
- All operators of transportation hubs (including all Fixed Base Operators) require that everyone wear a mask when entering, and while present on, their premises
- Masks must be worn at all times, other than while eating or drinking; when taking medication for brief periods; or while speaking (for short periods of time) with someone who is hearing impaired, and when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- Masks must be worn at all times
For more information:
- – If you would like to read the entire CDC Order on wearing a mask before boarding, while onboard, and while disembarking, click here
- – For the CDC’s FAQs regarding the face mask Order, click here
- – For guidelines on acceptable masks and the required use of masks, click here
Your personal Private Aviation Consultant, your Flight Support Team, the head of Guest Experience, and our Chief Operating Officer and head of Service and Safety remain at your service and ready to answer any questions you or anyone in your party may have regarding wearing masks aboard private jet flights. We are available to assist you 24 hours a day, every day of the week, every day of the year.